It is very rare for someone to say out right, “my eyes are dry”.
There are many symptoms pointing to dry eyes of which you may not be aware of and many times most people have more than one.
Symptoms of dry eyes include, however not limited to, can be:
- Chronic redness of the eyes
- Excessive teary/watery eyes
- Burning eyes
- Feeling like there is an eyelash or sand or grit in eyes
- Slight but noticeable red tinge along eye lid margins
- Fatigued/tired eyes
- Fluctuating vision, especially on blink
- Intolerance to soft contact lens wear
The list can go on. If you have experienced any one of these symptoms even in the slightest form then you have experienced dry eyes.